Evolve Your Teaching
Comprehensive Yin Yoga Teacher Training Toronto ON: Summer 2017
Dates & Times:
Monday August 14th, 2017 – Friday August 18th, 2017
9 am – 445 pm Daily
Exam: Saturday September 30th, 12-4 pm
Yoga Therapy Toronto
Canadian Yoga Alliance: 50+Hour Intensive (39 Contact Hrs/11+ Non-contact Hrs)
Join us for the Yin Yoga Teacher Training in 2017. In its 12th session, the yin yoga TT intensive has grown to embody all that I hold dear by skillfully taking students on a journey of themselves through the paradigms of both East & West. The course content has been expertly reviewed by MD’s, TCM Practitioners, and experienced Yoga Teachers ensuring that students leave with the ability to offer yin yoga classes that are grounded in western science and eastern philosophy. Collectively the faculty offers years of training and experience in clinical settings, as well as thousands of hours in training yoga teachers. We hope you’ll join us!
Yin Yoga is a highly beneficial therapeutic practice that is available to all students at all levels. The power in this form of yoga is that it profoundly affects both the physical and energetic aspects of the self. It is the logical balance to a yang style of practice (i.e.: vinyasa yoga), and it has the added bonus of contributing to the mindfulness necessary for a successful meditation practice. Additionally, yin yoga is pivotal in affecting the functional mobility associated with a balanced and healthy body. The key to this practice is knowledge of both physical human anatomy and the energetic body (Meridian System/Nadis & the Chakra System).
Who Would Benefit From this Training?
This training would benefit teachers, practitioners and students alike. It can be used as a therapeutic treatment or as a personal practice (sadhana). You don’t need to have the desire to teach, only to fully immerse yourself in yoga.
Graduates are: Sports Medicine Specialists, RMT’s, Thai Massage Practitioners, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Psychotherapists, Yoga Teachers, Yoga Students who aim to move more deeply into their practice, Energy Healers, Martial Artists, Athletes & Physicians.
Overview of Course:
- Human Anatomy: Includes an in-depth examination of anatomical variation and connective tissues. The practice will be dynamic and interactive.
- History of Yin Yoga: Paulie Zink, Paul Grilley, Sarah Powers, Bernie Clarke
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & Meridian Theory: As it pertains to Yin Yoga
- Chakra Theory
- Yin Yoga Postures: benefits, contraindications, modifications, prop utilization, sequencing for health benefits, therapeutic application, and special populations.
- Special Considerations: We will look at the application of yin yoga as a complementary tool of healing in various disease processes (based on the clinical experience of Tracey Soghrati).
- Mindfulness Meditation and Yin Yoga
The course includes a 200-page Soghrati Yoga Manual© (written by Tracey Soghrati)
Application & Admission Process:
Applicants are considered on the basis of experience and education. It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of 200 hours of Yoga Teacher Training and 2-3 years of yoga teaching experience OR the equivalent experience in a related field (i.e.: medicine, physiotherapy, registered massage therapy). We are happy to consider you if you are simply passionate about yin yoga as well!
Email email@example.com or for an application. The application will be submitted electronically to Tracey Soghrati (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will then be contacted for a short telephone interview.
The program is capped at 18 students.
- InsightYoga: By Sarah Powers
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: Bernie Clark
- The Web That Has No Weaver, Understanding Chinese Medicine: Ted J. Kaptchuk
- Yin Yoga, Outline of a Quiet Practice: Paul Grilley
- Tracey Soghrati BSc., BSc.N, RN, RYT
- Tony Tavares, Traditional Chinese Medicine Faculty www.norwoodholistichealthcentre.com
- Allison Alexander
- Joshua Lewis www.joshualewis.com
- $1300 + HST: This breaks down to: $21/hour spent on work for the course after assignments, mentorship and marking.
- $80 for attendance at two yin yoga workshops with Tracey Soghrati (dates TBD)
$1300 + HST
- $21/hour spent on work for the course after assignments, mentorship and marking.
- $70 for attendance at two yin yoga workshops with Tracey Soghrati (dates TBD)