50 + Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Comprehensive Yin Yoga Teacher Training Toronto ON: Summer 2018
Dates & Times:
Monday August 13th – 17th, 2018
9 am – 445 pm Daily
Exam: Saturday October 20th, 2018: 12-4 pm
The exam is a practical teaching exam co-facilitated by you and your colleagues.
Yoga Therapy Toronto
Canadian Yoga Alliance: 50+Hour Intensive (39 Contact Hrs/11+ Non-contact Hrs)
Join us for the Yin Yoga Teacher Training in 2018. In its 13th session, the yin yoga TT intensive has grown to embody all that I hold dear by skillfully taking students on a journey of themselves through the paradigms of both East & West. The course content has been expertly reviewed by MD’s, TCM Practitioners, and experienced Yoga Teachers ensuring that students leave with the ability to offer yin yoga classes that are grounded in western science and eastern philosophy. Collectively the faculty offers years of training and experience in clinical settings, as well as thousands of hours in training yoga teachers. We hope you’ll join us!
What Makes this Program So Special?
- The Faculty! Tracey Soghrati has a unique background in human anatomy and physiology as well as expertly honed assessment skills from having worked in critical care and as a health educator for Public Health. Her unique gift is the ability to disseminate critical information from complex subjects in a way that is practical, accessible and translates into transferable skills. She specializes in the intersection between the mind and body and is well-respected for her work in teaching others to set boundaries, and engage in productive self-exploration. Tony Tavares, is both a Doctor of Chinese Medicine and a Registered Yoga Teacher. His ability to provide a foundation on the connection between Traditional Chinese Medicine and Yin Yoga in particular is unparalleled. Ali Alexander has been teaching yoga for over a decade and holds degrees in philosophy and teaching – both of which she is passionate about. Her ability to connect the practice to philosophical study has long been admired and replicated. Joshua Lewis has an incredibly diverse background in the arts and theater and is currently pursuing studies in psychotherapy. He has been teaching for over 10 years and is renowned for his presence, wisdom and ability to share the therapeutic aspects of yoga.
- The Curriculum. Our course curriculum aims to provide prospective teachers with the most accurate scientific information on movement and healing. We hold ourselves accountable to review current research and encourage students to think critically, ask questions and challenge the field of yoga education so that we are consistently held to high standards. Curriculum is delivered in a number of ways in order to accommodate diverse learning styles and students emerge with transferable skills both in teaching yin yoga and other styles of yoga and movement. Moreover, Teachers receive two teaching manuals in support of their journey. The manuals ensure that they are able to continue consolidating skills long after the course is over.
- Personal Development. Tracey has designed the program with the dual purpose of evolving you as a teacher and evolving you as a human. Students will have the opportunity to explore what lies beneath their impulses and drives and how to integrate the mind and body through the practice of yin yoga. Each student is met in the present moment and supported by all the faculty and mentors in becoming the best that they can be.
- The History of the Course. This course was the first Yin Yoga Training to be developed in Toronto. We have the benefit of 10 years of consistently delivering curriculum that is of extraordinary quality. We strive to provide education that has integrity and we consistently review every aspect of our teaching in order to offer students the best experience. After training hundreds of teachers in this style of yoga, we can confidently say that we are experts in our field.
Yin Yoga is a highly beneficial therapeutic practice that is available to all students at all levels. The power in this form of yoga is that it profoundly affects both the physical and energetic aspects of the self. It is the logical balance to a yang style of practice (i.e.: vinyasa yoga), and it has the added bonus of contributing to the mindfulness necessary for a successful meditation practice. Additionally, yin yoga is pivotal in affecting the functional mobility associated with a balanced and healthy body. The key to this practice is knowledge of both physical human anatomy and the energetic body (Meridian System/Nadis & the Chakra System).
Who Would Benefit From this Training?
This training would benefit teachers, practitioners and students alike. It can be used as a therapeutic treatment or as a personal practice (sadhana). You don’t need to have the desire to teach, only to fully immerse yourself in yoga.
Graduates are: Sports Medicine Specialists, RMT’s, Thai Massage Practitioners, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Psychotherapists, Yoga Teachers, Yoga Students who aim to move more deeply into their practice, Energy Healers, Martial Artists, Athletes & Physicians.
Overview of Course:
- Human Anatomy: Includes an in-depth examination of anatomical variation and connective tissues. The practice will be dynamic and interactive.
- History of Yin Yoga: Paulie Zink, Paul Grilley, Sarah Powers, Bernie Clarke
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & Meridian Theory: As it pertains to Yin Yoga
- Chakra Theory
- Yin Yoga Postures: benefits, contraindications, modifications, prop utilization, sequencing for health benefits, therapeutic application, and special populations.
- Special Considerations: We will look at the application of yin yoga as a complementary tool of healing in various disease processes (based on the clinical experience of Tracey Soghrati).
- Mindfulness Meditation and Yin Yoga
The course includes a 200-page Soghrati Yoga Manual© (written by Tracey Soghrati)
Application & Admission Process:
Applicants are considered on the basis of experience and education. It is recommended that applicants have a minimum of 200 hours of Yoga Teacher Training and 2-3 years of yoga teaching experience OR the equivalent experience in a related field (i.e.: medicine, physiotherapy, registered massage therapy). We are happy to consider you if you are simply passionate about yin yoga as well!
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. The application will be submitted electronically to Tracey Soghrati (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be contacted for a short telephone interview.
The program is capped at 18 students.
- InsightYoga: By Sarah Powers
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: Bernie Clark
- The Web That Has No Weaver, Understanding Chinese Medicine: Ted J. Kaptchuk
- Yin Yoga, Outline of a Quiet Practice: Paul Grilley
- Tracey Soghrati BSc., BSc.N, RN, RYT
- Tony Tavares, Traditional Chinese Medicine Faculty www.norwoodholistichealthcentre.com
- Allison Alexander
- Joshua Lewis www.joshualewis.com
- $1450 + HST: This breaks down to: $21/hour spent on work for the course after assignments, mentorship and marking.
- $90 for attendance at two yin yoga workshops with Tracey Soghrati (dates TBD) or attendance at 4 drop-in classes.