Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology
Anatomy: The study of form or structure – typically by breaking things down
Physiology: The study of how an organism functions
Pathophysiology: The disordered physiological processes that occur due to injury or disease
For over 10 years Tracey has offered this course in both group and private format. As a licensed health care professional with extensive post-secondary education in anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, neuroanatomy, health assessment and critical care skills, she is uniquely positioned in her ability to share this information in a practical and cohesive way. Her teaching style fosters critical thinking, and students emerge with the ability to assess the human body, understand patterns of movement and apply yoga in a therapeutic manner in the face of both injury and disease.
- Mapping the Body: Terms of Movement, Planes of the Body, The 11 Organ Systems of the Human Body
- Posture & Proportion Assessment Lab: Plumb line, Anterior/Lateral/Posterior Views, Proportion Assessment
- The Elegance of the Spine: Structure, Function, Normal Range of Motion (ROM), Osteoporosis/Osteopenia, Bulging/Herniated Disk, Spinal Stenosis, Sacro-iliac Joint Dysfunction, Scoliosis, Hyperkyphosis/Hyperlordosis, Yoga Applications
- Ball & Socket Joints: The Shoulder: Structure, Function & Normal ROM, Tendinitis, Bursitis, Impingement, Rehabilitation through Yoga
- Ball & Socket Joints: The Hip: Structure, Function & Normal ROM, Tendinitis, Bursitis, Impingement, Rehabilitation through Yoga
- The Hinge Joints: Powerful yet Vulnerable – the Knee: Structure, Function & Normal ROM, Ligament Injury, Bursitis, Meniscus Tear, Rehabilitation through Yoga
- The Hinge Joints: The Elbow: Structure, Function & Normal ROM, Golfers Elbow, Tennis Elbow, Yoga Applications
- Breath is Life: The Respiratory System: Mechanics of Breathing, Chemical Aspects of Breathing, Pranayama that is Safe & Therapeutic
- Heartbeat: The Cardiovascular System: The Mechanics of Moving the Blood, Function and Normal Measurements, Heart Disease, Yoga Applications
- Integration: The Nervous System: The Beauty of the WHOLE, Rapid Communication, Impact of Chronic Stress, MS
Total Contact Hours: This course can be done in 10/15/20 contact hour segments. The student will explore with greater depth as the contact hours increase.
Non-Contact Hours: Students can expect to spend at least 1 non-contact hour reviewing concepts for every contact hour spent with Tracey.
Fees: 10 Contact Hour Course: $1500 + HST per person, 15 Contact Hour Course: $2250 + HST per person, 20 Contact Hour Course: $3000 + HST per person. Groups of 3+ people will receive reduced rates.